This video is worth watching. It details the dramatic shift of the magnetic poles over the last 100 years, and how that shift is accelerating.
- The south pole has already left antarctica and the north pole is racing across the arctic ocean.
- “Earth’s magnetic poles are getting ready to flip.” -Mission Manager, SWARM/ESA
- The magnetic field began weakening in 1600.
- The magnetic field weakened 10% from the 1800s to 2000.
- Earth’s magnetic field was weakening 5% per century, but now is weakening 5% per decade.
- As of 2014 the magnetic field is continuing to weaken rapidly.
- Magnetic reversals can occur in less than 100 years.
Google links to a lot of scientific research on the topic. https://www.google.ca/search?q=shifting+magnetic+pole&oq=shifting+magneti&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.3520j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=earth+magnetic+field+reversal
I highly recommend you take the time to watch this well produced video on what’s going on.