A laptop filled with Hillary Clinton’s emails is missing, the FBI just revealed. It makes the stink around Hillary’s private account even worse.
A laptop containing a copy, or “archive,” of the emails on Hillary Clinton’s private server was apparently lost—in the postal mail—according to an FBI report released Friday. Along with it, a thumb drive that also contained an archive of Clinton’s emails has been lost and is not in the FBI’s possession.
They lost Email in the Snail-Mail. That takes some serious talent.
The archive was created nearly a year before the State Department contacted former secretaries of state and asked them to turn over any emails that they had sent using private accounts that pertained to official business. A senior Clinton aide, Huma Abedin, told the FBI that the archive on the laptop and thumb drive were meant to be “a reference for the future production of a book,” according to the FBI report. Another aide, however, said that the archive was set up after the email account of a Clinton confidante and longtime adviser, Sidney Blumenthal, was compromised by a Romanian hacker.
Just a quick summary from RedState:
The documents include summaries of the interviews that FBI agents conducted with Hillary and members of her staff, technical info, and more. One interesting tidbit? 68 of the emails found on the private server in her home are still classified today.
The full PDFs are embedded below. Here’s a few highlights.
- Hillary was offered secure and approved State Department email at the beginning. She turned it down.
- Hillary warned her staff not to use private email for work!! Seriously.
- Hillary may have accessed the information and emails from her private server on as many as THIRTEEN different devices!!
- “Clinton aides said she often replaced her Blackberry and the whereabouts of the old device would ‘frequently become unknown’” – h/t AP
- Bro: “Clinton said she did not think about whether emails she exchanged on a future drone attack should be classified” – h/t Reuters