Giuliani: Black kids killed by black kids in 99% of cases


Black children have a 99 percent chance of killing one whereas white cops pose a 1 percent risk, said former NYC Mayor Rudolph Giuliani in a TV interview. He added that the slogan “Black Lives Matter” is “inherently racist and anti-American.”

Giuliani made the controversial comments on Sunday’s CBS show ‘Face the Nation’ amid an ongoing period of racially-loaded protest in the US, following several killings of black men by white police officers and a black gunman targeting white cops in Dallas.

“There is too much violence in the black community – so a black will die one percent or less at the hands of the police and 99 percent at the hands of a civilian, most often another black,” he said.

Face The Nation on Twitter

Rudy Giuliani: “Black lives matter” is racist, anti-American

He used the number to argue that the black community shares part of the blame for the racial tension in America and fails to see the problem of violence among them, while putting a disproportionate focus on the killings of black people by white law enforcement officers.

The former mayor repeated the argument on Monday, defying criticism.

“Don’t tell me I don’t care about black lives,” he said, appearing on Fox News’s Fox & Friends“I had an uncle who died in the line of duty. I had uncles who went out every night and tried to protect black people, and white people, and all people. A lot of the protection of this city of New York is for black people, because 70 percent of the murders in New York City are black. So it has to be that way. I believe I saved a lot more black lives than Black Lives Matter.”

The Hill on Twitter

JUST IN: Giuliani: “I saved a lot more black lives than Black Lives Matter”

Via RT