Gallup has a poll out, showing how the Democrats and the Republicans downplay the sins of their own party but hold the other party to their standard.
Look at the Democrat timeline on the bottom.
- In 1996 (pre-Monica Lewinsky), 15% said moral values were important.
- In 1998 (during the middle of the Lewinsky scandal), 8% said moral values were important.
- In 2018: 24% say that moral values for Trump are important.
Look at the Republicans:
- In 1996, 23% moral values were important.
- In 1998 (during the impeachment), that increased to 27%
- In 2018 with Trump: 14% think moral values are important.
Bottom line: moral values are important for the other team but not for them.
A pox on both of their houses!